2010 ~ 2019
Became the K-Food leader, a dominant BIO company on the global stage
- 02 Acquired large American frozen food company, Schwan’s Company
- 11 Started the poultry farming business in Myanmar
- 10 CJ Blossom Campus (integrated food production base) launched Hetbahn
- 08 Acquired American frozen food company, Kahiki Foods
- 08 Acquired German frozen food company, Mainfrost
- 08 Ranked No. 1 in the world in amino acid for feed, Valine
- 07 Entered into the Myanmar feed business.
- 07 Completed construction of a production plant for fermented soybeans in Foshan, China
- 06 Sales of its global bio business exceeded KRW 2 trillion
- 05 Launched Korea’s first HMR flagship store, CJ Olive Market
- 12 Annual sales volume of Hetbahn exceeded 300 million
- 10 Selected as the official sponsor of the ‘2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics’.
- 10 bibigo was selected as the official sponsor for a regular PGA Tour Championship, THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES
- 09 Constructed an integrated food production base in Vietnam
- 08 Acquired Brazil’s ‘Selecta’ and started the Soy Protein Concentrate (SPC) business
- 06 Acquired Russian frozen food company, Raviolo
- 04 Acquired Minh Dat, a Vietnamese marine products processing company
- 05 Launched CJ Blossom Park, an integrated research institute.
- 01 Began producing BIO fermented Cysteine.
- 12 Acquired Cau Tre, a Vietnamese frozen food company
- 10 Ranked No. 1 in Korea and the US with ‘bibigo’ dumplings.
- 10 Completed construction of a fermented soybean production plant in Vung Tau, Vietnam
- 09 Awarded presidential commendation for job creation
- 09 Acquired the assets of Metabolix, an American venture firm
- 04 Acquired Haide, a Chinese food amino acid (FGA) company
- 03 Launched the American Food R&D Center
- 02 Acquired Kim&Kim, a Vietnamese kimchi maker
- 12 Acquired Chinese feed company, Cofeed
- 12 Entry into the Cambodian feed business
- 09 Incorporated into Dow Jones Sustainability Index Asia-Pacific
- 06 Succeeded in mass-producing ‘Allulose,’ the next-generation sweetener
- 05 Participated in Milano Expo in Italy with the Korea Pavilion
- 05 Began to produce L-methionine in the BIO plant in Kerteh, Malaysia.
- 03 Launched CJ Breeding, a seed company
- 10 Applied for a patent on kimchi lactic acid bacteria, ‘CJLP 133’.
- 06 Shenyang Plant in China launched ‘Valine’
- 10 Disclosed ‘L-Methionine,’ the world’s first eco-friendly fermentation method, at the World Conference on Animal Production.
- 09 Completed construction of powdered lysine in Fort Dodge, US
- 06 Plant in Jombang, Indonesia launched ‘Arginine’
- 05 Hetbahn became the first cooked rice product to be named the Green product of the Year.
- 05 Expanded the livestock business in Vietnam (poultry farming)
- 04 Acquired Low Carbon Certification for 4 Beksul sugar products.
- 01 In 2012, its sales exceeded KRW 7 trillion for the first time in the food industry.
- 06 Completed construction of powdered lysine production plant in Shenyang, China
- 02 Completed construction of MSG Plant in Jombang, Indonesia
- 11 Brazilian subsidiary completed expansion of powdered lysine plant
- 10 Launched Xylose sugar product
- 08 Completed construction of the world’s largest sun-dried salt plant.
- 08 Pasuruan Plant in Indonesia launched Tryptophan
2000 ~ 2009
Era of undergoing a qualitative and quantitative leap forward in the food and BIO business
- 10 Entered into an MOU for eco-friendly bioscience research with Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology.
- 05 Full-fledged advance into the organic food business field.
- 09 Split up CJ Corporation
- Launched an operating company, CJ CheilJedang Co., Ltd.
- 12 Acquired Hasunjung Food.
- 09 M&A with Haechandle.
- 04 Launched livestock business in Vietnam (pig farming)
- 09 Acquired Annie Chun’s Inc., a U.S. food distribution company.
- 08 Completed construction of powdered lysine plant in Piracicaba, Brazil
- 07 Completed construction of powdered lysine plant in Liaocheng, China
- 12 Merged Pasuruan and Jombang Plants in Indonesia
- (renamed PT-CJI)
- 07 Acquired Hanil Pharmaceutical.
- 03 Established Liaocheng subsidiary in China
- 03 Entry into the Chinese feed business
- 04 Nucleic acid was selected as a world-class product.
- 04 Began to produce DASIDA in Qingdao Plant in China
- 03 Entered into the Vietnamese feed business
- 12 Launched the feed additive for animals, Threonine
- 05 Started the chicken breeding business in Indonesia
1990 ~ 1999
Became ONLYONE in the domestic food and BIO industry
- 12 Created the BIO Business Division and established Production Technology Center
- 03 Completed construction of a nucleic acid plant in Indonesia.
- 10 Completed construction of an animal feed plant in the Philippines.
- 12 Launched Hetbahn.
- 05 Entered into the Indonesian feed business
- 05 First in the world to develop the ‘pseudomonas vaccine’.
- 06 Opened the Life Science Research Center
- 12 Its sales amounted to KRW 1 trillion for the first time in the domestic food industry.
- 11 Launched the life science business.
- 01 Completed construction of powdered lysine plant in Pasuruan, Indonesia
- 08 Completed construction of MSG plant in Pasuruan, Indonesia
1980 ~ 1989
Commencement of INNOVATION and the development of overseas markets
- 12 Established ‘PT-CSI’ in Indonesia.
- 11 Completed construction and commenced operation of a pharmaceutical plant (Icheon).
- 06 Established the General Research Center.
- 11 Succeeded in developing the technology for the mass production of interferon.
- 12 Its sales amounted to KRW 100 million for the first time in the domestic food industry.
- 10 Completed construction of Icheon Plant 1 (started the meat processing business).
1970 ~ 1979
Expansion of food culture and onset of brand ‘Beksulpyo’
- 10 Completed construction of Incheon Feed Plant 2
- 09 Started the cooking oil business.
- 08 Developed the nucleic acid (IMP and GMP) manufacturing method for the first time in Korea
- 03 Established the Food Research Center.
- 12 Launched nucleic acid composite seasoning ‘AIMEE’
- 11 Began to produce ‘DASIDA’.
- 11 Started the animal feed business.
1950 ~ 1969
Began to produce sugar for the first time in Korea
- 10 Merged with seasoning manufacturer ‘Mipung Industry’
- 12 Started the seasoning business.
- 03 Exported sugar for the first time.
- 04 Started the flour manufacturing business.
- 08 Founded CheilJedang Co., Ltd.
- (the first manufacturing business of Samsung Group).